The Dutchess County Division of Youth Services administers funds for the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS). There is an annual request for proposals and applications for Youth Development Program (YDP) funding and Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA) funding. The program year runs from January 1 to December 31.
Funded programs are selected through a competitive Request for Proposals process. The Dutchess County Youth Board and Coordinating Council are responsible for reviewing, scoring, and making allocation recommendations to the county executive for grant proposals.
Youth Development Program (YDP) funding targets services that promote safety, supportive relationships, and other positive assets by engaging and empowering youth. Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA) funding targets youth who need temporary shelter or assistance with independent living skills.
For 2022 and onward, we have moved to an online grant proposal submission process. Applications will ONLY be accepted through the Dutchess County Grant Portal.
Grant Portal Instructions:
- Use this link to navigate to the Dutchess County Grant Portal where you will create an account.
- Please only create one account per organization. You should consider using your organization’s general email and a shared password to be used by anyone within your organization who might work on an application within the grant portal, now or in the future.
- Once on the Logon Page, select “Create New Account” and complete all required fields marked with an asterisk* symbol.
- After successfully creating an account, you will be brought to the “Apply” page where you can click on the “Apply” button that will bring you to the grant application.
- Once you begin an application, it will be saved as a draft. You can re-enter the portal any time prior to the submission deadline to complete the application.
2022 Youth Development Program and Runaway and Homeless Youth Program application process
The Dutchess County Grant Portal is open for the 2022 NYS OCFS Grant Application for Youth. Applications are due on Friday, December 3, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. Information on eligibility and how to apply is available in the 2022 NYS OCFS Grant Application Checklist for Dutchess County Youth Services. A mandatory workshop on the application process will be held on Tuesday, November 9 and Wednesday, November 10, 2021 from 9 a.m. – noon, at the Dutchess County Emergency Response Center, 392 Creek Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
Please refer to the 2022 NYS OCFS Grant Application Checklist (.pdf) (.doc) for helpful information regarding the application process Dutchess County Youth Services.
Below is the list of documents needed for funding consideration.
- Path to Promise Framework and website (.pdf) (.doc)
- NYS OCFS Form 5001 Individual Program Application (.pdf) (.doc)
- NYS OCFS Form 5002 Agency–Program Profile (.pdf ) (.doc)
- Helpful Hints for NYS OCFS Form 5002 (.pdf) (.doc)
- NYS OCFS Form 5003 Individual Program Application (.pdf) (.doc)
- 2022 Dutchess County Youth Board and Coordinating Council Funding Priorities for the NYS OCFS Grant Application (.pdf) (.doc)
- Division of Youth Services 2022 Attachment IV – Projected Program Budget (.xls)
- Division of Youth Services 2022 Attachments I, II, III—Logic Model, Outcome Form, Board List (.pdf) (.doc)
- Non-reimbursable Cost Chart (.pdf) (.doc)
- Dutchess County Liability Insurance Requirements for Agencies (.pdf) (.doc)
- Positive Youth Development online source (http://actforyouth.net/youth_development/professionals/online_courses.cfm)
For information about how to apply for 2022 funding, please contact: Doreen E. Clifford, Youth Programs Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org.